Saturday, June 12, 2010

Halibut Sandwiches with Lemon Parsley Broccoli Slaw

Yes, lengthy name. I'm working on it. I saw this recipe in Cooking Light for Arctic Char Sandwiches with a Lemon-Tarragon Slaw. I decided to substitute Mr. Arctic Char (never had or heard of before) for the lovely Mr. Halibut I had in the freezer. And I substituted the tarragon for Mr. Parsley I had in the garden. Okay, enough with the title of honors for the ingredients. Moving on... There would be some changes made for the next time I were to make this. First of all, I would look for a less bread-y Kaiser roll (if that exists). There was too much bread and too little stuffin'! Next, I would either brush the bread with some mayo or make sure the slaw had more moisture in it. The bread took over, causing it to be a little dry. I could've chosen a better side dish (besides peas dressed with lemon olive-oil) but I was not in the mood to search.
I used broccoli slaw instead of the cabbage/carrot which the recipe called for. After I dressed up my "sammie" a little more with some mayo I was happier. Live and learn right? I would make this again- just changing somethings on my part.

Original recipe URL to follow...







Cooking Light's site

No comments:

Post a Comment