Friday, June 25, 2010

Jello Banana Cream Pie


My step-dad's fav. dessert is Banana Cream Pie. I was snooping around looking for a gourmet recipe but then it occurred to me, have I ever been disappointed by the recipe on the Jello pudding box? Not really- ever! So this was my Father's Day contribution. The only thing I did differently was to actually make the pudding (on the stove top). Not a picturesque dessert, but it was just great. I used my organic graham crackers for the crust then proceeded to make the pie.
:)

Recipe to follow...










BANANA CREAM PIE

1-2 bananas
1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked & cooled
2 (4 serving size) pkgs. Jello vanilla or banana cream flavor instant pudding
2 1/2 c. cold milk
2 c. Cool Whip

Slice banana into pie shell. Prepare pie filling mix as directed on package for pie, using 2 1/2 cups milk. Fold in 1/2 cup of the whipped topping and pour over banana(s) in shell. Chill at least 3 hours. Top with remaining whipped topping; garnish with banana slices if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment