Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ricotta Cheesecake with Caramel Orange Sauce

Saw this lovely recipe in the recent Bon Appetit mag. It kind of made Easter for me. It made my Grandpa tear up. He told us the story of the first slice of cheesecake he had in NYC. He was born/raised in Kansas and cheesecake was just not seen in the Midwest. His parents and him fell in love with it, but it was a rare special occasion when they had it. He said that this was the best cheesecake he has ever had. (And he has had quite a few more slices upon moving to New York) Hearing that compliment made my Easter. This recipe is quite the crowd pleaser. Everyone but my silly younger cousin ate and enjoyed it.

The only issue I had was with the glaze. I stupidly saved it for last minute, and when you read it anyone would know to do it ahead of time, but moi! I burned the sugar almost ruining my Grandmother's pan. Someday I will learn how to make sugar dark amber and not charcoal black. I decided to attempt to make the sauce again but in the microwave this time. The sugar turned amber with no problems.

One adaptation I did was...instead of draining the orange mixture, I kept it. I figured it would give the dessert the texture it needed to balance the smoothness of the cake. I strongly suggest you make this finicky but very special and delicious recipe A.S.A.P.

Recipe URL to follow...












Happy Easter...

No comments:

Post a Comment