Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spinach Balls

I wish I knew another name for these things. But what I do know is that these are addicting and make sure to make at least 2 batches for a gathering. They go in a SNAP!

My beloved YMCA is closing for a 9 month renovation. It's one of the oldest city YMCA's (90 yrs!), quirky and wonderful, so of course they feel the need to EXPAND. The community decided to have a potluck for the Y's last open day. It was such a special event. My spinach balls sat nicely next to the curried goat and Jello salad.
(Made some cookies too)

Recipe to follow...












Spinach Balls
via my mom's old recipe box

Spinach (16 oz.) drained
2 C. bread crumbs (seasoned)
1 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 C. melted butter
1/2 C. onion grated (squeeze out liquid)
4 eggs
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl mix all ingredients. Shape into 1 inch balls. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment