On a happier note, today marks my 4.5 year anniversary with my awesome guy. I figured it might be nice to show up to his place tomorrow with a treat of some sort. This is Nigella Lawson’s Banana, Cherry, White Chocolate Cupcakes from How to Be A Domestic Goddess cookbook. Amazing recipe- the only thing I would say before making this is that I hope you're a fan of banana, because the flavor takes over the whole cupcake. I love banana, so it was A-Okay with me. I'm also not a fan of white-chocolate, but it paired well with the cherry and didn't overpower the cupcake like milk/dark chocolate would.
I shared a cupcake with my mother. She mentioned that she would be equally as happy replacing the white chocolate with pecans. I thought that was a nice suggestion...I think i'll try that next time around.
Recipe to follow... ENJOY!
Banana, Dried Cherry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
3/4 C. sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas
4 tbsp sour cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then, off the heat add the sugar, vanilla and bananas, mashing them with a fork in the pan.
4. In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs a fork, add the cream, then fold them into the melted butter, sugar, and banana mixture.
5. Add the baking soda and the baking powder and stir in.
6. Add the flour, cherries, and white chocolate. Mix gently with a spoon just until the ingredients are combined.
7. Spoon into the muffin pan filling ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
8. Remove the cupcakes in their paper to wire rack and leave to cool lightly.