Friday, March 19, 2010

Grilled Salmon and Cucumber Salad

Cooking Light is my favorite magazine subscription. And, shopping in Marshalls one day I found The Best of Cooking Light cookbook marked down to $5.99! It's turned into my most treasured kitchen pal.

Although I have been eating Vegetarian for a few years, I keep some fish in my diet. I do however make it a point to be incredibly appreciative of the animal sitting in front of me. (They have vertebrae, circulatory systems, and brains don’t they?) The recipe called for the fish to be broiled. That's my favorite way to cook salmon. I am pretty skilled at cooking salmon. Not too rare, not too well-done. Just perfect. The recipe also added that this dish would go well with rice, but I just loaded up on the cucumber salad instead. (Next time, I think I'll have it with Quinoa; love that stuff!) This was a nice summer-y meal.









No comments:

Post a Comment