Friday, March 5, 2010

Bean burritos and Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


So, my boyfriend and I are QUITE into the show Project Runway. Of course, we haven't started watching it until now. I heard they're onto the 7th season. We started with the 4th (the last disc, working backwards) and now we decided to start with the first season.We're a lot less confused now. Ha! Anyways, yesterday we made a marathon of it. I made non-special bean burritos. Easy food to consume for couch sitters.


Because I didn't feel gross enough confining myself to a couch for hours and hours I made Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, just to have around. I didn't have any white chocolate in the house (mainly because I can't stand it) so I began searching for a recipe for Macadamia nut cookies. Found a simple one in my Bon Appetit and just replaced the white chocolate with the dark. I wouldn't use dark next time, it overpowered the other flavors. But really....could butter, sugar and chocolate of any kind be bad?

Recipe to follow:








White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6-1/2 oz. white chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, halved

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Blend butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until fluffy, stopping once to scrape down sides of bowl, about 1 minute. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.

Do not overmix. St lightly greased cookie sheet. space about 2 inches apart.

Bake at 375°F until lightly brown around edges, about 15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, then remove to racks and cool completely. Store in air days at room temperature or freeze 3 weeks.

Serving Size: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment